Saturday, May 1, 2010

A few words on words

I spent today putting together a "quote book" for Talitha Adele's 21st birthday. I integrated and incorporated several (and I mean several) of my collected quotations. Excerpts from literature, lyrics from songs, bible verses, statements from musicians, philosophers, authors, my favorite tv show. It could be endless.

As I sat there flipping through the pages, I understood the purpose for this compilation. I realized the enormity of the mere words. I realized the impact in which they are capable. These chosen words...these words are for the loved, the unloved, the broken, the faithful, the faithless, the stumblers, the seekers, the hopeful, and the hopeless, the weak, the strong, the beautiful and the believers.

If these words could but touch the soul of someone who fits one of those descriptions (and truthfully we all have at some point), then these words have succeeded.

Words matter.

-d

3 comments:

  1. You'll never know just how much your gift means to me D. I've only read a few pages because I'm really trying to take it. Trying not to take a single word for granted. I know you chose each quote with a particular reasoning and I'm really trying to take it all in. I love you, beyond what words can say and your way with words moves me. It's not just the words that you can string together so perfectly but also your knack for choosing just the right quote for any moment in life. I know that if I ever need a quote, I should turn to you. You're amazing and I'm beyond lucky to have both you and M fas best friends. God's blessed me. I remember that each time I see either of your faces. Thanks so much for being such a blessing. (p.s. Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors. I'm typing this from my phone and it's not working out so well lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. THANK YOU M. So do yours...remember that!
    2. THANK YOU T. I truly did consider each quote that I put in there and I'm happy to hear that you're taking your time to absorb it...there are some REALLY good ones that just need to sink into your soul and settle for a while. :)

    ps. I am glad you gave me a disclaimer about the grammar because I was (shamefully) thinking "what is her deal?" ahahahaha I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...