Friday, April 15, 2011

It's April

And so therefore I want some of these:




When I was 7 years old, my sisters and I were flower girls in my aunt's wedding. Our dresses were homemade. They were floral -- pink, purple, and blue tulips. They had puffed sleeves with tight elastic that cut into our arms, and we had to wear an itchy, coarse crinoline underneath so the dress flared out. To make matters worse, my mom made us sleep in curlers so we would have matching hair. A week or so before the wedding, my parents dressed us up in our dresses and took us to a field full of bluebonnets outside of Dallas for some portraits. We were miserable the whole time. Sun in our eyes, red marks around our poor arms, wind whipping our curls in our face, scratchy fabric rubbing against our legs...I doubt we even smiled for any camera. But, how I would love to relive that afternoon, what I would give to sit in a field of bluebonnets once again. 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... THOSE DRESSES!!!

    PS. Aunt Jen was married in Canada... in May. I'm pretty sure Mom made us wear them for Easter before the wedding (clever way of getting out of buying us Easter dresses, probably). Either way, it was a miserable afternoon. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I know she got married in canada...but we were living in Texas at the time and I remembered the photoshoot we had.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...