Wednesday, March 3, 2010

turning over a new leaf

...or whatever the phrase equivalent to "change" may be.

Sometimes I find myself simply living -- forgetting the value of some essentials, or at least some things that will no doubt benefit my contentment. I did a little "soul searching" if you will, and came up with a hefty list.

I will:

- invest in good make-up and wear it
- dress up more frequently
- be a better sister
- be a better daughter
- fight for (and on behalf of) my friends
- take advantage of my gym membership
- do something with my hair each day; try creativity
- read a proverb a day
- stop feeling guilty for buying cute shoes
- be determined to find pairs in brilliant, flashy colors...and buy them too
- never allow Ben to go a day without knowing how I care for him; find ways to show him
- hang up my clothes immediately after I take them off
- strive to be a better role model
- spend quality time with each of my siblings
- send more letters; stay in touch with people who matter
- find time for leisure reading -- no matter how hectic my schedule may become
- stop procrastinating important things such as oil changes and laundry
- be more patient
- worship God with abandonment
- risk more
- be willing to serve others with a ready smile
- do things for my mom without her having to ask
- accept people as they are, even if they do not meet my standard of what it means to be a friend
- perhaps lower those standards...
- love love love love...and when all else fails, love some more

"Because it's only when you're tested that you truly discover who you are, and it's only when you're tested that you discover who you can be" - L. Scott

-d

3 comments:

  1. You inspire me. Sadly any hope of me being poetic is lessened by the beauty of your post. So I will leave it with just that.

    You inspire me. I'm glad to call you mine, in whatever capacity I may.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L.Scott quote. I'll probably be stealing it :) I love you D.Morrow and I will be going that gym thing with you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Good luck on the hanging clothes up. ;)

    And wow... I need to go get my oil changed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...