Sunday, March 14, 2010

"you've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep"

My boyfriend and I live 30 miles from each other. Okay, not that big of a deal, but we also have very busy, very different schedules. Him with his internship, bar-tending, and college classes. Me with the daycare, my three black children, and completing my associate's degree. Needless to say, we don't always get as much time together as we'd like.

Throughout the days apart we play this game of sorts where we'll text something crazy/random/endearing/hilarious that makes us think of each other.

"I am thinking of you because: (fill in the blank)."

It's a very fun and amusing game. You never know what you'll get; you never know when you'll make an average, mediocre moment something more for him. And honestly, I don't think you can ever quite understand how you do it. It's beautiful, really.

Ben, I am thinking of you because: you just took my last four ibuprofen tablets -- now when I get a headache, I'm screwed.
...Get well, babe.

-d

2 comments:

  1. My two best friends are beautiful as it is. Put the two of them together and you get an absolutely indescribable beauty.

    I love the two of you so much.
    and I'm so jealous of the love you two share.
    It gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your three black children... lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...