Thursday, October 27, 2011

music in film

I am a person who likes the movies that matter -- the movies that take a stand, challenge your thinking, affect your heart, portray true love, show real events, and applaud difference makers.

I really like the movies with good music. I feel like the musical score truly enhances and even reflects the ideals expressed through the cinematography, plot, mise-en-scene, and actors. Music is a HUGE contribution to the value of a film, in my opinion. 

my ultimate movie score list: 


 5. The Holiday -- Hans Zimmer

 4. Ever After -- George Fenton 

         3. Lord of the Rings -- Howard Shore

 2. Anne of Green Gables -- Hagood Hardy

 1. Titanic -- James Horner
    


2 comments:

  1. Not Phantom of the Opera?! ;)

    I agree, though. Well, except with the first one, because I haven't seen it. And I didn't notice the music so much in Titanic, except at the beginning and the end when they played the theme music. Haha. But yes, the other three are perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was going to say the same thing, Tay. I guess we need another movie night to watch the Holiday! With you, Taylor. Of Course. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...