Thursday, November 3, 2011

october: full to the brim

October is my favorite month -- nevermind the fact that it's my birthday month -- it's just so lush and promising and chilly and colorful. This October was FULL to the brim with activities, events, monumental milestones, and beautiful people. I found myself looking back on the month (didn't it FLY by?!) feeling very fulfilled. Praises!



I was blessed to be on the worship team for CrossWalk's 10th Anniversary Service. I just LOVED praising the Lord for all he has done in the life of our church. Being on stage, I could look out and see the faces of changed lives and witness the worship of others. I was overcome with thankfulness and anticipation. God has so much in store! 
Plus, the choir ROCKED and Ben played the harmonica which was sweeeet. 

Faith Phipps and her two wonderful sisters came from northern VA to support Landon! He was so happy! 


Craig, my dear friend from high school, got MARRIED! Me, Catherine, and Ricky traveled to Simpsonville, South Carolina to see him and his beautiful bride tie the knot. It was so special to reunite with these precious people for such a memorable day in Craig's life. FRIENDS FOREVER!


The Ben Rothwell Band road tripped 4 hours to lead worship at a youth retreat in Falling Waters, West Virginia. For a whole weekend, we got to hang out and worship with young people that had such incredible hearts for God. We were so blessed! As a band, we got to go with the group to Hershey Park in Pennsylvania. Ben rode his first roller-coaster since 2005!




I discovered my new musical idol. Sara Bareilles. Holy cow, she is flawless. She is quirky, confident, and talented. Her concert for the student body of CNU proved to be some of the best live music I've ever heard. I went with my sweet friend, Brianna Gomez, and our jaws about touched the floor. 


For my birthday, Ben surprised me by taking me to Charlottesville to go apple picking! We picked the juiciest, most delicious Fuji apples, and bought eh, about 2 dozen homemade apple cider doughnuts. The apple orchard is truly a little hidden gem on the top of a mountain. If you're planning on going, bundle up! because it gets even colder in the higher elevation. Also, make sure you leave with some locally grown produce! 





This month, I spent all my friday nights sitting in bleachers watching high school football games. I am not complaining. We were able to cheer on Landon in his moments of glory, and encourage him in those moments that could have gone better. We are so proud of our athlete who loves the Lord with all his heart and relies on HIM for all strength and talent. 


We visited a pumpkin farm to pick out our own pumpkin to carve. Excuse the finished product -- Anderson has been learning all his shapes, so we incorporated that theme.  




xoxo & autumn colors,

D.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I was wondering about the shapes... should have figured.

    PS. Gabriel saw the picture and was like "bu-bu, bu-bu!" Which means pumpkin, along with most other things... but I'm pretty sure he meant pumpkin this time, seeing as how he was looking at an actual pumpkin. ;) Hahaha.

    LOVE YOU! Glad you had a great birthday month. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...