Thursday, April 26, 2012

songs of senior year

I was recently told to archive the music that is synonymous with my college years, that way I can go back and be reminded of this fleeting, yet sacred time in my life. Music has a way of doing that to us, huh? Pin pointing distinct moments simply by the song that was playing? Graduation is approaching; I'm about to lose all of this and I want to be able to remember the songs in my head 10 and 20 years from now.

Here is my running list:

Half Moon -- Blind Pilot
I Believe in You -- Tyler Hilton
Loaded Gun -- Tyler Hilton
The World Will Turn Your Way -- Tyler Hilton
Slow Your Breath Down -- Future of Forestry
Thrive -- Switchfoot
Restless -- Switchfoot
Where You Belong -- Switchfoot
Souvenirs -- Switchfoot
Fearless -- Colbie Caillat
One Tree Hill -- U2
Together We're Never Alone -- Right the Stars
Party Rock Anthem -- LMAFO
Dirt Road Prayer -- covered by my beloved Katie Heilig
Give Me Faith -- Elevation Church
Soldier -- Gavin Degraw
I Don't Wanna Be -- Gavin Degraw
Breathe Again -- Sara Bareilles
Beautiful Girl -- Sara Bareilles
Sugar -- The Horrible Crowes
The Lucky One -- Jess Penner
Plain -- ZOEgirl
Today -- Destiny Morrow and Ben Rothwell
Your Love is Strong -- Jon Foreman
Free Like You Make Me -- Cary Brothers
What Makes You Beautiful -- One Direction
White Flag -- Dave Barnes
Stories to Tell -- Dave Barnes
Real Life Fairytale -- Plumb
Boyfriend -- Justin Bieber
We Are Young -- Fun. ft. Janelle Monae


1 comment:

  1. Love this! I feel like I say, "Love this!" for every single post that you write...but the truth is, sister, is that I love all of your posts!!! :) And I love this list and I cannot wait to see more of the songs that you add!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...