Thursday, June 16, 2011

enamored with austen

I'm a lover of all things Jane Austen. Here are a few of my personal favorites...


this actor as Mr. Darcy (no one competes): 



this mug (I want it so badly):



the bonnets:



the dancing:

Mr. Darcy: Do you talk, as a rule, while dancing?
Elizabeth Bennet: No… No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn… Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don’t you think?


Marianne Dashwood's idea of love: 

TO LOVE IS TO BURN TO BE ON FIRE, ALL MADE OF PASSION, OF ADORATION, OF SACRIFICE!
 ---Sense & Sensibility


this lovely comic of Elizabeth Bennet: 



the disagreements between Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightly:

"badly done, Emma, badly done"



the famous Jane Austen silhouette:



the opening sentence of Pride & Prejudice (best of all-time):

IT IS A TRUTH UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED, THAT A SINGLE MAN IN POSSESSION OF A GOOD FORTUNE MUST BE IN WANT OF A WIFE.



the rescue in Sense & Sensibility:

"there is nothing lost that may be found if sought..." 


this memoir:



this song from the Pride & Prejudice original soundtrack:




this quote from Persuasion:

I IMAGINED MYSELF INDIFFERENT TO HER WHEN I WAS ONLY ANGRY AND RESENTFUL.  I’M TOO LATE – TOO LATE I BEGAN TO UNDERSTAND MYSELF AND HER.  NEVER HAVE I MET HER EQUAL IN GOOD SENSE OR SWEETNESS OF CHARACTER. SHE’S PERFECTION ITSELF.  I’VE NEVER LOVED ANY BUT HER.
---Persuasion





2 comments:

  1. You forgot Mr. and Mrs. Bennet. ;) Other than that, I agreeee! <3

    I saw that mug and immediately thought of you. Don't buy it... I might be getting all my sisters Austen stuff for Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny- I love this blog! Jane Austen has become one of my favorite authors as well. My favorite is Emma though-the movie and book :)
    Ms. Bates just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...