Tuesday, January 4, 2011

andrew louis

brother-in-law --- but SO MUCH more than that.

This man came into my life 5 years ago. He spiced up the Morrow family -- long before he officially became a part of it. He participated in long, tense spade tournaments (that usually resulted in yelling and fights), he suffered through countless chick-flicks for us, ate our baked goods, took us out for ice cream, treated us to chick-fil-a, and drove us around town - you name it, he would jump at the opportunity.

This past Christmas, I was blessed with having the little Louis family in Virginia for an entire month. I was reminded again at all the countless reasons why I love my big brother.

He always, always interacts in kindness and love.
He gives you hugs just when you need them.
He makes you laugh when you're mad.
He schemes plans for the day that only the "big kids" know about.
He likes my company when running errands.
His love language is FOOD (one reason we get along so well?)
He's happiest when there is fun, fellowship, family, football, and...yes, food. (--one of his many famous quotations).
He will do WHATEVER it takes to watch a cowboys game and go WHEREVER if it's not airing on t.v.
He is a good, good father. He has the "baby talk" down like a champ.
He's the husband my sister needs. He keeps her smiling...and he keeps us laughing at their little arguments.
He has really corny jokes...but for some reason, we always laugh really hard at them.
He loves each member of our family personally and unconditionally.
He now hates chick-flicks and we can't get him to watch them...which makes us suspicious of his apparent love for them as he tried to woo Taylor-Lynn...?
If he doesn't feel like eating what is planned for lunch, he'll borrow my car and go pick up something else.
He'll listen to me and my sister, B., gush about One Tree Hill over our Chipotle burrito bowls...and then check Netflix to see if they carry it.
He keeps up with old friends...loves them and prays for them.
He was made for my sister, therefore he was made for us.


The name "Andrew" means strong and manly. In the 5 years I have known him, he has lived up to his name. He is strong in the Lord, he displays strength in his marriage, and he has that unmatched strength of a father. And he is Taylor's man who possesses such extraordinary traits. He' the man who leads her, loves her, and the man that became her own personal Mr. Darcy. :)

My favorite thing about Drew is the way his love for the Lord is portrayed by the way he loves people. He acts selflessly and gives willingly; he leads and guides with confidence; he delights in the Lord and devotes himself as His servant – for all those things, Drew Louis will be blessed. And for all those things, I respect and cherish him.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this is so sweet, Destiny! Drew is definitely awesome and the best brother-in-law ANYONE could have.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Dest. You never fail. How can you take words out of my mouth that I didn't even know they were there? It's a gift, dest. Truly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...