Thursday, January 20, 2011

randoms:





1) I miss my nephew right now. He's getting big in Texas (no pun intended) and I can't witness it. It's such a bummer. I want to feel his little teeth come in, see him crawl, rock him to sleep, snuggle him.....:(



2) I have been listening to some super good music. I need to share:

- "Little House" Amanda Seyfried
- "Ride" Cary Brothers
- "Jar of Hearts" Christina Perri
- "Feel This (Love Fall Down)" Enation
- "From the Ground" Lisa Gungor
- "War Sweater" Wakey!Wakey!
- "Marathon" Tennis
- "Thistle and Weeds" Mumford & Sons
- "The Ocean" Mae

3) Tony Romo is engaged. This was life-altering news.


The fiancee (sob) is the sister of this fine gentleman:


maybe I should just "settle" and marry him to be in the family? psh...settle. 

3) Chace Crawford (above) makes me miss Gossip Girl...new episodes return next week!

4) I really love how my professor fooled our class today and presented us with both Dixie Chicks and Green Day lyrics and told us to analyze the "poems" simply by the context. She told us their true identities at the end of class. Productive strategy, I think.

5) my best friend will be in VIRGINIA in um, approximately 1 month. I'm ready for fresh adventures, inspiration, memories, and everyday LIFE with this girl -- without the looming plane ride back to washington state. IT'S ON, M!


6) I have to read this book for my "Justice in Literature" course which I'll take in CAMBRIDGE, ENGLAND this summer. This looks like an enticing read. I'm reeeally excited. And the fact that we get to VISIT the cathedral in which the book takes place? glorious.


7) The Virginia Symphony is performing "Carmina Burana" tomorrow night at the ferg. I so desperately want to go, but alas, have no one to accompany me. Not many people want to sit through hours of ancient music, it turns out.

8) I'm still looking for a job. Until then, I'm staying busy with my sweet hallmates, t.v. series on dvd, reading for english classes, reading of friends' blogs, and.....wow, my life is pretty lame.

9) I have been discovering the most amazing truths and reminders in Proverbs these days. Definitely more to come on that. I'm engrossed in the Bible as of late!

10) Perogies. Noodles stuffed with a blend of cheese and mashed potatoes. Cook them in vegetable oil, fry up some onions, add a side of sour cream for dipping, and wham -- delicious heaven. I may or may not be googling how to make them homemade right now.


11) I watched this movie last week with my mom and brother, Landon (yes, he watched the whole thing) which came out in my birth year: 1989. I loved everything about it --- the characters, the passion, the soundtrack, the elegance. The romance of this movie targets your heart...and your tear ducts.


12) my dad will be in India for Superbowl sunday. The Superbowl simply isn't anything without my dad. I'm kind of lost on what to do. Is that pathetic?

13) b. rothwell went to minnesota over christmas and shopped at the Mall of America. He brought me home a "cowboy boot purse." It's the most genius thing -- recycling cowboy boots and using the leather for trendy purses. It's my new favorite accessory. He says it is for the "wannabe texan in me."



4 comments:

  1. That movie [Somewhere in Time] was so good! It definitely "targeted my heart...and tear ducts." :) I love you!
    Lauren-McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. :)

    And I'm totally looking up all those songs. As soon as I saw the title "little house" by Amanda, I (command T) listened to it before I even finished reading your blog. I love never having to go find and discover new music. You give it all me to free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B, don't you love the song?!?! so beautiful, so acoustic, so soprano! listen to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait amanda seyfried has an album out? i kinda love her. also approve of the cary brothers and the mae of course:) will have to look up the others!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...